SPECIALTIES :: POLYCYSTIC OVARIAN SYNDROME
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) is a condition of altered hormones that can cause women to have unwanted hair growth to face, lip and/or chin, irregular periods, oily skin that causes acne, & hair loss from the scalp, & the possibility of having abnormal blood sugar problems. Women who have polycystic ovarian syndrome also have trouble becoming pregnant. PCOS is common & can happen at a young age. In women with PCOS, the ovaries, which are in charge of ovulation, don’t work very well. Hormone levels can get out of balance, & ovulation doesn’t happen monthly the way it is supposed to.
Read our recent article on PCOS & take the quiz!
What are the symptoms of PCOS?
- Have irregular or no periods at all
- Gain weight & become over weight
- Grow thick, dark hair in places where only men tend to grow hair, such as on the upper lip, chin, sideburn area, chest, & belly
- Lose hair from scalp
- Have oily skin & pimples on face or even upper back & shoulders
- Have trouble getting pregnant
We are very familiar in treating women with PCOS & see patients with PCOS on a daily basis. If you have any symptom as described above don’t hesitate to make your appointment with us.
For more information please review the websites below.
For more information on our polysistic ovarian syndrome services, call us today at (850) 522.5490